Your roof is an important component of your home, yet most homeowners assume their roof is well made and neglect it until something goes wrong. Ensuring your roof is always in good condition is a great way to maintain the structural integrity of your home and keep your family safe from the elements. You can do this by being proactive with a certified roof inspection.
What is a Certified Roof Inspection?
A certified roof inspection is simply a thorough assessment of your roof’s condition and integrity followed by the issuance of a certification. This certification confirms the roof has been inspected (and repaired, if necessary), has no flaws, and is guaranteed to last for a certain period of time, barring severe weather damage or natural disasters. A roof certification is given after analyzing:
- The overall condition and age of roof materials
- Any missing, damaged, or loose roof materials
- The functionality of gutters, downspouts, and drains
- Ridges, drip edges, and caps
- Flashing around chimneys, valleys, roof pipes, and rooftop equipment
- Evidence of water intrusion
- Mold, fungi, or algae growth
- Quality and amount of attic ventilation
Why You Should Get Roof Inspections from Local, Reputable Contractors
Your roof is a major investment and far too important to be a practice place for a storm chaser or part-time contractor. Choosing a local, reputable contractor for your roof’s inspection reduces the odds of missed problems causing expensive and time-consuming problems.
A reputable roofer who knows their way around the roof will identify problem areas and have them fixed immediately before they force extensive repairs or a full roof replacement.
Also, a local contractor will be best placed to look for common roofing problems and advice on building codes, solutions, techniques, and materials based on specific local considerations. An experienced local roofer is easier to verify and contact if you encounter a roofing issue in the future.
Benefits of a Certified Roof Inspection
- Peace of Mind: It’s quite comforting to know your roof is in tip-top shape with no major concerns.
- Repair: If the roof does require repairs, you can have them done early before they spiral out of control and cause extensive interior damage.
- A Sound Roof: You can rest easy knowing your roof will continue to protect your home and family.
Protect your investment with a certified roof inspection from the experts at StormForce. Our highly skilled and experienced team is committed to providing quality reliable roofing services to homeowners in Jacksonville, FL. Contact us today to schedule your roof inspection and let us provide the perfect solution to whatever your roofing needs may be.